In support of the TPVS O&M organization providing 24x7x365 support, the System Engineer will have direct oversight and accountability for all applications and hardware maintenance and troubleshooting activities typically applicable through various CBP process and procedures. In this capacity, the System Engineer will be deeply engaged in the daily operations, incident management, and resolution activities. The position will also entail collaboration with various stakeholders outside of the core team, including but not limited to other technical specialists, product owners, and business stakeholders.
- Develop, test, document and help operationalize various applications leveraging industry best practices.
- Work closely and collaborate with various cross-functional IT specialists in implementing solutions.
- Work closely with team members and key stakeholders to gather and validate requirements, work with leads to design solutions that meet the functional and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with Divisions, Developers, Customer and external entities in resolving application issues.
- Ensure adherence to internally defined application development and maintenance practices.
- Provide application contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Document application incident resolution and status in ServiceNow.
- Install system wide software and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Set-up administrator, service accounts, reset accounts and passwords.
- Responsible for documentation management and reporting using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong analytical skills required to troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and be available for off business hours implementation and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or related engineering fields with 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s Degree in similar field with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry
- Working knowledge of scripting and create commands
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic, and Oracle
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, and Windows
- Working knowledge of AppDynamics, Splunk, and Dynatrace
- Working knowledge of AWS maintenance and support
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks on a fast moving and challenging environment.
Trillion is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.